Pages

Saturday 7 May 2011

You can't beat a pet giraffe

I recently ran a princess-and-monster painting competition in aid of the Alzheimer's Society to coincide with the Royal Wedding. I think you'll agree that the winning artist (6 years and 2 days) incorporated everything you'd want including a fantastic pet giraffe.

















The picture reminded me of one of my very early cakes made for a cousin who is now grown-up and I even managed to find a photo.


Her favourite an animal was a giraffe. I decided the only way I could make one was to have it lying down.  The icing was butter icing with spots made from chocolate buttons. I remember being particularly proud of the chocolate-flake eye lashes and flake & smartie horns.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome. This was one of my favourite ever (except the mini L plate one).

    ReplyDelete