Pages

Saturday 30 April 2011

Princess Meringues & Wrecks


I felt I had to make something to celebrate the royal wedding and I wanted to make something different. Why not make princesses in actual meringue wedding dresses I thought?

Well predictably they didn’t all go according to plan in fact some were so bad they deserved to be posted on the fabulous cake wreck website

What I tried to do was make a really stiff meringue mixture and pipe it into some meringue princesses with pink heads and hands. Although I cooked them at 90 oC some of them drooped and looked rather like drunken hunchbacked princesses - not the look I was after:


However a couple of them survived and I gave these chocolate hair (princesses now have dark hair naturally) and painted on eyes and lips. I even tried to rectify one of the drunk ones with a mini-egg head, and here they are:


and just so you can see how life-like they were here's a comparison!


No comments:

Post a Comment