Pages

Thursday 24 February 2011

In the Night Garden

My two year old nephew was reported to be a fan of "in the night garden" and so I settled down to watch it with him in advance of making his birthday cake. For those of you that haven't seen it, it is wildly psychedelic with odd sequences of changing perspectives and a story line involving characters loosing their trousers on a mystery train tour. It must be one the reasons children can't buy mind altering drugs because they clearly don't need them with entertainment like this.

Anyhow based on the characters I made these cupcakes. The colours of the characters are rather muted which was due to me colouring the sugar paste with liquid food colouring. If there was a next time I'd buy ready-coloured icing to give a good bright colour, that way the figures would match the crazy story-lines.

1 comment:

  1. In the night garden cakes rock.

    If I may make a teeny little suggestion. The brown background with chocolate cakes I think detracts from the images in the post. I would suggest a white background for the text bit.

    ReplyDelete