Pages

Sunday 27 February 2011

The Impressionist Cake




No not a Rory Bremner cake but a cake in the style of a Monet.  My dear and increasingly eccentric father has a thing about bridges (well before retiring to play golf he was an engineer) he also held an impressionist themed garden party last summer (more impressionist theme foodstuffs from that to follow...see here). So naturally the choice for his 65th birthday was the Japanese bridge Monet style

I made the bridge from white chocolate (coloured green) and piped onto acetate.  I made it in three bits, two ‘c’ shaped edges and then tapped a piece of acetate into curve and piped a rectangle onto that to make the tread (with me so far?).  When all bits were solid I them glued them together with chocolate and voila a bridge, perched on blue icing.  And I very nearly didn’t have to explain to people what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment